Saturday, August 27, 2011

Cutie Pies by Dani Cone


Title:  Cutie Pies
Author;  Dani Cone
Sub Title:  40 Sweet, Savory, and Adorable Recipes
Publisher:  Andrews McMeel Publishing
Publication Date:27 September 2011
Source:  NetGalley
Pages:  161


My Review:

Even though I am reviewing this from a copy through NetGalley, I have pre ordered this book so that I can have a copy of my very own.  I have to admit that the cover photograph sold me on the book before I was able to see what was between the covers.  Once I got a look, I was n ot disappointed.  It contains 40 recipes adn I want to make them all.  Dani Cone's Grandma Molly's favorite saying was, "Be good, Do Well." I believe that is a wonderful saying and it is something we should all strive for.  This book is a culmination of Dani's search for the perfect pie and I believe her Grandma Molly would be proud of her, because this book is a great tribute to the pie.  Not only is there perfect pies, but there is a perfect crust for just about anyone.  She incudes The All Butter crust, The Graham Cracker Crust,  a vegan crust, and a Gluten Free Crust.  The pies include, Pettit pies, Pie Jar Pies, Flipside Pies, whole pies  and Pie Pops. Here are the names of a few of the sweet pies:  Lemon Blueberry Pie Jars, Cran Apple Flipsides, Peanut Butter n Jelly Pie, Coconut Cream Petit pie, and Cherry Almond Pie Pops.  Some of the savory pies are Good Ole Mac N Cheese, Garlic Potato  and Chive and Seet Potato Flipsides.  There is a pie here for everyone!












No comments:

Post a Comment