Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Jamie!

I work with a dear lady named Jamie and today we are celebrating her Birthday.  We are buying her an ice cream cake from Marble Slab Creamery and several of us are bringing a dish from home.  I made Buffalo Chicken dip.  There are many recipes out there for this , but I have concocted my own.  I doubled the recipe so it makes a large batch.

Buffalo Chicken Dip
2 Rotisserie Chcikens from the Grocery store(I used Traditional flavor)
2 6 oz pkgs cream cheese
4 cups shredded mozzerella
2 medium sweet onions, chopped
4 large stalks of celery, chopped small
2 Tbs butter
3/4 jar of Franks Hot sauce-the large jar
1small jar Ranch dressing
1/4 jar of Blue Cheese Dressing.
Pull meat off the bones and discard the skin.  Saute onion and celery in butter until tender.  Mix remaining ingredients, put in a casserole dish and bake for 40 minutes.  Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.














I have heard this called "Crack Dip" and now I know why.  It is hard to stop eating once you get started.  My daughter had made a version of this for Christmas and I loved it.  Her recipe did not saute the onion and celery and she used colby and jack cheese.  Hers was really good, but I think mine is better! Sorry Maegan.  Some folks may prefer to use all Blue Cheese Dressing and crumbled blue cheese. But, I am just not a big fan of Blue Cheese.  This dip would make  great "Game Day" food.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMIE! I hope you a most Wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment