Tuesday, February 9, 2010

TWD: Rick Katz's Brownies For Julia




This is my first post for the Tuesday's with Dorie challenge.  Though I have made several of the recipes from the book, this is the first official one.  Actually this task has produced several first's for me.  Besides it being my first TWD challenge, it is the first time I have used my new Corning Ware Lite  casserole dish ( which I love).  The dish comes with an airtight lid to keep the food fresh.  It was also a first to make brownies like this.  I don't think I have ever had a brownie recipe that called for you to whip the eggs before adding them to the batter.  How does it taste?  Well,  My husband said it tastes like it has pudding in the middle and he loved it.  It is very rich and moist, just like a brownie should be. My original plan was to add an icing recipe that I usually use when I make brownies, but once I tasted them, I realized that they were perfect without the icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment