Monday, April 25, 2011

Hungry Girl 300 under 300/ Cheeseburger Mac Attack




This is the second cookbook that I have read by Lisa Lillien.  I loved the first and was not disappointed with this one either.  She offers several recipes for breakfast bowls that are under three hundred calories, but taste wonderful.  There are also several great recipes for oatmeal that are quick to whip up!  I tend to wake up hungry and want something quick and these fit the bill.

For lunch, why not try one of her sandwich recipes such as, The Skinny Elvis, or the Open Faced Chicken Salad Melt, or the Monte Cristo Sandwich!

For Dinner, she  offers several crock pot recipes.  I love these because you just throw it in the pot in the morning and by dinner time, it is ready.  I have cooked her barbecue pulled pork and even my husband loved it!  There is a lot to love about this book.  There is even a recipe for faux Fried Green Tomatoes! I love Fried Green Tomatoes!  I will try them and report here how they turned out.

For dinner tonight I am making the:

Cheeseburger mac Attack


8 Servings
5 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni with 2g fiber per 2 oz. serving
10 oz. raw lean ground turkey
1tsp onion powder
2TBS ketchup
24 oz frozen green giant cauliflower & cheese sauce
3 wedges The laughing Cow creamy swiss cheese
salt and pepper

In a large pot, prepare pasta very al dente, cooking for 1/2 the time on package.  Drain Well and set aside.  In a bowl, combine turkey, onion powder and ketchup.  Use your hands to mix well.  Transfer mixture to a crock pot.  Add frozen veggies and cooked pasta to the crock pot and stir.  Cover and cook on high for 3 -to 4 hours, until turkey is fully cooked.

Stir mixture and crumble turkey.  Add cheese wedges and stir until evenly distributed.  Season to taste.

8 Servings
per serving:
179 calories
5.75g fat
512mg sodium
19g carbs
2g fiber
3.5g sugars
12.5g protein

I will let you know how this turns out!


 If you have never tried her cookbooks, I suggest that you visit her website. On the website, you can get free recipes and many, many ideas for eating better.  www.hungry-girl.com

Happy Cooking,
Charla

No comments:

Post a Comment