Tuesday, January 12, 2010

We Have a Winner!!

Yes I know this is quick-(way quicker than I thought it would be)- but, I promise that this cookie is a KEEPER!  It is a variation of the Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe that can be found here www.neimanmarcus.com/store/service/nm_cookie_recipe.jhtml I have made this recipe before without any changes and it is really good.  But, this time I made a few changes that I believe Makes this cookie perfect.  The following is the original Recipe with my changes in parenthesis:

NM Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
1/2 cup(1stick) butter, softened(melted)
1 cup light brown sugar
3TBS granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour(1 5/8 cups)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp instant espresso coffe powder
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips(2-4oz bars Ghiradelli 60% bittersweet chocolate, 1 4oz bar Ghiradelli semisweet-coarsley chopped.)

Preheat Oven to 300 degrees.  Cream butter (melted) with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
Beat in egg and vanilla for another 30 seconds.
In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingrediens and beat into the butter mixture at low speed for about 15 seconds.Stir in espresso coffee powder and chocolate chips (chopped chocolate bars).
Using a 1 oz scoop or a 2 TBS measure, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3" apart. Gently press down with back of a spoon.  Bake about 20 miutes or until lightly browned around the edges.  Bake a little longer for a crisper cookie.(since I melted the butter, I didnt need the mixer)
Yield 2 dozen cookies

This may sound a little crazy to you but if i eat really really good chocolate, it makes my face tingle.  When I bit into this warm cookie, I had a serious face tingle!  This is a delicious cookie, and I took cookies to work and everyone that tried one said the same thing-It is delicious.   I do suggest that you warm it in the microwave a few seconds after they have cooled off so the chocolate is melty when you bite into it.  The only thing I will do different next time is to make a double batch.  Here are the photos.
















The finished product! Yum!  I am very satisfied with this cookie, I still may try a few more recipes just for the heck of it.  For example, I still want to try the Jacques Torres recipe on the Martha Stewart Web site.  I will post it here when I do try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment