Sunday, March 21, 2010

Confections of a Closet Master Baker by Gesine Bullock-Prado

http://www.amazon.com/Confections-Closet-Master-Baker-Hollywood/dp/0767932684/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269198396&sr=1-1
I have been reading this book and I LOVE it!  I have decided that I am going to make all of the recipes in the book.  There are only 18, so itwill not take too long to do them all.  I am thinking about one a week until they are all done.  The recipes look great, mostly from German heritage, I think.  The writing is as good as the recipes and it has truly been a joy to read.  Please join me if you want to  do some great baking, and read some really good writing about food and a look behind the Hollywood scene.  I wont give anyhting away about who this author is related to, because I was really surprised when I started reading, and it hit me who she was.  I think the surprise added to why I like this book so much.  Now, you may be quicker on that than I was, but wether you are surprised or not, I promise you that you will enjoy this book.  My start date for the first recipe will be April 10, 2010 and will shoot for every Saturday after that.  The first recipe is called Golden Eggs, I will not post the recipes inhopes that folks will want to buy the book so they van make the recipes.  It will be nice if you can post your photo's on your blog, but if you don't have a blog, you can just leave a comment about your experience at the end of this post.  Please email me at lalas@cableone.net if you want to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment